Many well-educated higher achievers are eager to advance their career but get stuck. Some people often suffer with their negative emotions and lack the skills to build positive relationships and influence. And they don’t know exactly how to overcome their blocks.
Combining her own executive leadership experiences, with the insight she has gained as a certified Executive and Leadership Coach, Sincia Shi will take you through an exciting journey of self-discovery and learning on Emotional Intelligence and Leadership.
You will come out of this workshop with a comprehensive understanding of emotional intelligence, your own EQ assessment report, tools needed to enhance EQ, foundation for greater well-being & effective leadership skills. You will also develop an individualized improvement plan and march on to achieve your dream.
Sincia Yuebo Shi is a certified coach and former Vice President of a Fortune 500 company. She specializes in Executive Coaching, Career and Leadership Development. Her passion is to inspire and develop future leaders, with special interests in women and minorities. She is an independent coach for Rice University Doerr Institute for New Leaders; and an Advisor for the Tsinghua University Global MBA Program.
As an International Coaching Federation Associate Certified Coach, Sincia provides individual coaching, group coaching, leadership essential skills workshops and is a frequent guest speaker in career forums. Her coaching clients include high potentials, managers to senior executive leaders, and board of directors in Hi Tech, Energy, Financial, Healthcare and Fashion industries, universities and non-profit organizations. She truly believes everyone has great upward potentials and she focuses more on clients’ intrapersonal and interpersonal transformational change.
Prior to starting her work as a coach, Sincia served in many senior leadership roles with Baker Hughes, a global leader in the energy industry, including Vice President of Supply Chain Global Materials; Vice President of Russia Caspian region owning large P&L (Profit & Loss) and had around 1,800 employees under her leadership. She had a very diverse background earlier in her career through leading Baker Hughes division’s Global Marketing & Business Development, Strategies, Acquisitions & Divestitures, Product Development Processes, Region Engineering and Operations. She has strong business and commercial acumen, is a critical and strategic thinker good at solving complex challenges, and is known for leading & developing future leaders. Sincia has lived in China, U.S. and Russia.
Sincia holds a B.S. degree from Tsinghua University and M.B.A. with Magna cum laude from Duke University.
1. Each participate to take emotional intelligence EQ-i 2.0 assessment
2. Pre-read a Harvard Business Review article
3. Pre-read your customized EQ-i 2.0 Leader report. A 27 pages document benchmark you to the general North America professional and top leaders (1 aggregated EQ score, 5 superscale scores and 15 subscale scores)
Emotional Intelligence & Effective leadership
• Group discussion What makes a great leader, key traits
• Enhance your understanding of emotional intelligence using own EQ report (your assessment result is totally confidential to you)
• Mapping of EQ to effective leadership
• Guided exercise: Envision the leader you desire to become
• Homework assignment – Select your EQ area for development
Relationship with yourself – the foundation for success
• Deep dive into emotional self-awareness, emotions, feelings, value and beliefs
• Manage the common fear and anxiety
• Build self-confidence
• Identify your self-limiting beliefs and break it
• Homework assignment
Interpersonal relationship – lead and deliver through others
• An effective communication framework
• Lead and influence others
o Empathy & Compassion
o Levels of listening
o Power of questioning
o Common misunderstanding – Assertive or Aggressive
• Homework assignment – resources on building new habits
Your peak state of being
• Perseverance and Flexibility
• Stress tolerance
• Transformational mind
• The ultimate success formula
• Finalize your effective leadership development and action plan